> Does the pop-up box you mention look like a windows dialog box or like a
> dialog box from Mozilla? I don't now if those things are on the same
> place on Win ME, but please look at "My Computer"" -> "Control Panel" ->
> "Internet Options" or something like that and change under
> "connections", to "use no connection" if something different is marked.

Success!
Cheers for the tip Fabian. In Control Panel > Internet Options >
Connections I set it to "Never dial a connection". I can't believe I
didn't think of that LOL. It was kinda handy for it to promt me to
connect for some proggies, but I can sacrifice it for Moz :)

Thanks for the help Fabian & Parish.

- Jay.