On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Robert Hegemann wrote:

> does someone know any sample where a VBR encoded MP3 with -q1
> gives a better sounding MP3 compared to a same sized VBR with -q2 ?

>From your recent postings I'm detecting that you think -q1 can only rarely
give a sonic improvement. In fact it is more likely to degrade the sound
over -q2? If so, the Roel recommendation of -q1, seems a little dangerous?
You think the extra ~5% file size, that encoding using -q2 requires,
usually provides superior sound quality?
  Cheers.

Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - The University of Salford
Academic Information Services, Clifford Whitworth Building,
Salford University, Manchester, M5 4WT, UK.
Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key