> Am I wrong or has the file quantize-pvt.c changed to quantize_pvt.c
> (and the header file as well)? Why was this done?

As Mark said, that is because Borland C could not treat the "-" in
filename.

> Wait 'til you see v3.88. You've got a big surprise coming to you :)
> I agree it probably wrong to use GNU make only makefiles.

and I say I can't make a Makefile for too much architecture. I can check
only GNU system. cannot make it for amiga, OS/2, solaris, OpenBSD, BSDI,
NetBSD, Windows, MSDOS, OSF/1, and of course RISCOS.

so if you want to make the lame on these environment,

> to maintain an own Makefile for RISC OS. And I have to keep track on
> file name changes. So I wondered why such a change was made. Or am I
> wrong and the file name got mixed up on my end

you should keep track with filename and command name of CC/MAKE/...
that's because this is opensource. no warrantry is here. YOU are the
maintainer and developper.

another point: I think configure.in and Makefile.am are good thing,
but for some people, maybe they are not good. anyone have ideas ?
---
[EMAIL PROTECTED] // may the source be with you!