> Hello,
>
> Hrmm... that is an interesting idea.  I completely hadn't thought of this.
Does this actually take away bits from being used to encode the audio frame?
If so then what is the real use of this switch?  I had thought this switch
would help to prevent the mp3 from being possibly corrupted by being
transferred over and over again.  Not that this really happens often but I
thought why not.  If however this switch really isn't that useful and it
takes bits away from being used to encode the audio then I will stop using
it.  Currently I haven't noticed any degredation in sound just through
normal listening tests, although I haven't looked into the matter further.
I will do some testing and see if encoding without this switch seems to have
any impact.

-p is for adding a crc check to every frame. It does not prevents any
corruption of the bitstream, it just help to detect if it has been
corrupted. As it uses bits for the crc, it will lower (a little) the quality
of CBR encoding, and will higher the filesize of vbr.

Regards,

--

Gabriel Bouvigne - France
[EMAIL PROTECTED]