Hi

I might have a suggestion that might sound stupid. I am looking at photonic crystal slab. I am trying to reproduce the light cone. The light cone is bounded by w=ck/n. In a TMKT band diagram, the n is the average refractive index at a given direction. However, in the paper

Physical review B, Vol 8,pg 5751 "Guided modes in photonic crystal slabs" by Steven Johnson,

For figure 4(b)

For the light line of TM, my average refractive index must be 0.9(1)+0.1(sqrt(12))=1.246

which gives me 0.803 at the M point but on the paper it is 0.59. I must have understood something wrongly. Assistance is welcome

Best regards

KL Woon