And if nothing else shoudn't The City should have contracted with The Green
Institute's DeConstruction program to take all that is salvagable out of
the house first? Gross! What is so difficult about understanding this
issue.  It seems so basic.

In a sustainable community policies would be set that would have decisions
made using a balance between the economics, the environment, and the social
equity. It seems in the case Kim presented none of these three factors were
thought about before the bulldozer came. Maybe we need some new folks at
City Hall that will present more sane methods for making these kinds of
decisions in order to make Minneapolis an eco-city. We're part of the way
there with our parks, lakes and trees.  It is time to go the rest of the
way in setting new policies for the city and establishing Minneapolis as an
eco-city. In my eco-city dream thinking first about reusing and recylcing
would be part of this new direction of thinking about what we are doing to
our fair city. It means we would have to do business differently - but
isn't it about time?
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Annie Young
Phillips, Ward 6