From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Michael Hohmann
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2004 11:34 AM
To: Mark Wilde; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Mpls] Timberwolves win (why don't you care?)

I attended the Wolves game last night... a near sellout crowd at Target
Center, and the Wolves did it again, beating the N Jersey Nets 81-68.
The
Wolves started out slow against the hot Nets, but were able to tie the
score
by halftime, and finish with a real blitz in the last five minutes.
Troy
Hudson was the star of the game.

We got downtown early for some food, shopped a bit and qualified for
free
parking in a nearby lot, and enjoyed the game.  Stores seemed busy on
this
week night.  We checked out the newly relocated and remodeled Dakota
Jazz
Club on the Mall and found McCormick & Schmick's doing a brisk business
in
food and drink.  This was my first trip to the new Dakota, since it
relocated from St. Paul, and it looks GREAT!!

Given all this, I must say that I remain opposed to public financing of
professional sports enterprises, and recommend the upcoming conference
at
the Humphrey Institute at U of M (this Fri/Sat) to all interested list
members:

Reining in Competition for Capital
http://www.hhh.umn.edu/projects/prie/index.htm

Michael Hohmann
Linden Hills
www.mahohmannbizplans.com

also note: The CURA Housing Forum holds it's brown bag session Friday,
Feb.
27th, 12-1:30 at Carlson School of Management, Rm. 1-143.
Topic is: Subprime Lending and Foreclosure in the Twin Cities.
It's free!

snip
> The Timberwolves have the second best winning
> percentage in the whole NBA.  Kevin Garnett has been a
> superstar on and off the court, probably the best
> player in basketball right now...and why does this
> list make me feel quilty about watching sports?
>
> Nothing about sports on the list...high school
> basketball, hockey, u of m women, nothing.
>
> Mark Wilde
> Windom Park

snip

REMINDERS:
1. Think a member has violated the rules? Email the list manager at
[EMAIL PROTECTED] before continuing it on the list.

For state and national discussions see:
http://e-democracy.org/discuss.html

Minneapolis Issues Forum - A City-focused Civic Discussion - Mn