Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:18:58 -0500
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Mpls] Comcast coming to Mpls  :o(
To: mpls@mnforum.org

There's a distressing article in today's Strib regarding consolidation
in the cable industry resulting in Comcast taking over Time Warner's
franchise in Minneapolis

As someone who has cable TV, High Speed Internet Access, and Digital
Phone from Time Warner this is extremely disappointing.  I know people
who have Comcast's High Speed Internet Access in the east metro and it
is not as fast nor is the service as good as we recieve from Time
Warner.  Also currently Comcast does not offer digital phone service,
which we have found is quite excellent for half the cost of your
typical Quest service.  Also the cable TV offerings are similar but
Time Warner offers greater services and stations.

I know the City currently has issues with the Time Warner franchise,
but this is one family that has been completely satisfied with Time
Warner.  I would hope the City works with Comcast to ensure equal if
not greater service to the City of Minneapolis once they take over the
franchise.  Also I would recommend that the City to strongly encourage
Comcast to offer digital phone service as this is a relatively
inexpensive phone service that truly is the wave of the future.

Dean E. Carlson
Ward 10, East Harriet

REMINDERS:
1. Be civil! Please read the NEW RULES at http://www.e-democracy.org/rules. If you think a member is in violation, contact the list manager at [EMAIL PROTECTED] before continuing it on the list.

Minneapolis Issues Forum - A Civil City-focused Civic Discussion - Mn E-Democracy