Madeline Douglass Said:
Neither Loring Park, Lowry Hill or Elliot Park need to be over-run
with these monolithic skypollutin towers.  These neighborhoods
are the historic heart of Minneapolis.  They should not be glassed
and steeled and Starbucksed to oblivion.

Nick Comments:

I have been wondering what people find so offensive about tall buildings? Look at Grant Park. How is that building hurting the Elliot Park neighborhood? Similarly Skyscape and 1010 Park will be major improvements to that Portland and 10th intersection from a pedestrian standpoint (the public realm). None of these towers will displace any exisiting housing or business. They replace a one story, no window warehouse and a parking lot respectively. They also bring ownership and commercial activity to a neighborhood sorely lacking in both.

We clearly have a lot of people in the city who prefer more intensity in land use (tall buildings) rather than less. Why shouldn't we allow them a place to live in our city? If not in the neighborhoods that are around downtown, then where?

Bold predicition: 10th Street from Portland to Chicago will be a desitnation for people from all over the city in five years time and these tall buildings will be the reason for the transformation.

Nick Frank
Elliot Park