REP. PHYLLIS KAHN WROTE:

The difference is that Keith has been incredibly effective  both in
the community and in the Legislature. He almost singlehandedly started
EJAM (Environmental Justice Association of MN),bringing together the
most incredible collection of diverse activists. He has worked on (and
passed through committee) the important issue of getting the right to
vote back for felons as soon as they are out of jail and has been a
consistently good vote on just about every liberal issue before the
House. He is highly respected by his colleagues on both sides of the
aisle.

MICHELLE HILL RESPONDS:

This I will agree with. I too attended the environmental meetings held at the
Urban League. He is quite sincere in his efforts to help us breathe better.
So for that I will say thanks. However, there are many other areas that he is
silent on that has nothing to environment. Since I am a Democrat and a citizen
in North Minneapolis, I can and will express my opinion of a democrat. I can
understand why Keith is respected on all sides of the aisle, where his
colleagues are concerned, his views more in line with your and that's OK.

However, his constituency needs his representation in more areas than
environment. As to Randy Staten, people can change. I hope you have Rev. Staten.

Michelle Hill

Cleveland