Finally something to be encouraged about in regards to local government. Common sense that we all can live with. This vote is a victory for everyone...... and for freedom. Everybody wins with this vote, even those who so zealously tried to give away to the government their free will for the illusion of safety. Hopefully the Minneapolis city council will realize that freedom and compromise is a more fundamental democratic ideal than reactionary social engineering that hurts everyone. I doubt it will happen, but we can all have hope.

Mike Thompson
Windom

To: <mpls@mnforum.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 3:42 PM
Subject: [Mpls] Hennepin County Rolls Back Smoking Ban

Will Minneapolis be next on the pretext we must wait for a statewide  ban?
Here is the link:
_http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5780454.html_
(http://www.startribune.com/stories/462/5780454.html)

Bill Dooley
Kenny
REMINDERS:
1. Be civil! Please read the NEW RULES at http://www.e-democracy.org/rules. If you think a member is in violation, contact the list manager at [EMAIL PROTECTED] before continuing it on the list.

Minneapolis Issues Forum - A Civil City-focused Civic Discussion - Mn E-Democracy