No reason you can't but the following may/do apply.

Use MQFMT_NONE to send the file in binary format.
>From a previous discusssion consider using the MQRFH2 header to deliver
meta-data.
Do NOT use MQGMO_CONVERT.
Watch out for maximum message length MAXMSGL on Q, QMGR and channel
definitions including the various transmit queues.
If the files are going to consistently be big(>1Mb) you might want to set up
a separate set of channels so you don't interfere with high volume small
message response times.

Regards
Tim A

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Anderson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, 23 November 2004 7:10 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Sending a PDF file as MQ payload

Our development team asked me if it was possible to send a PDF document as
an MQ message. My "gut feeling" is yes, you can, but I have never done it.

anyone out there ever done such a thing? any hints or tips on how to do it?

Thanks

This email and any attachments may contain privileged and confidential
information and are intended for the named addressee only. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail
immediately. Any confidentiality, privilege or copyright is not waived or lost
because this e-mail has been sent to you in error. It is your responsibility to
check this e-mail and any attachments for viruses.  No warranty is made that
this material is free from computer virus or any other defect or error.  Any
loss/damage incurred by using this material is not the sender's responsibility.
 The sender's entire liability will be limited to resupplying the material.