We do it, and do it a lot. Your MD's format must be set to NONE. If the messages can exceed 4M, make sure that the queue definition, xmit queue and channels all can handle it. Consider sending the big messages via their own channel, so as not to interfere with more normally sized traffic. Or,  consider setting a low priority of these messages so as to send them to the back of the line.

Bill Anderson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

11/22/2004 02:09 PM

Please respond to
MQSeries List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

cc
Subject
Sending a PDF file as MQ payload

Our development team asked me if it was possible to send a PDF document as
an MQ message. My "gut feeling" is yes, you can, but I have never done it.

anyone out there ever done such a thing? any hints or tips on how to do it?

Thanks