Thanks John for a quick reply,
yuo are almost right data type is set as text. In the main properties
of my report i have this command which sees only active members, as
my filter is set for active only.
Record Source:
SELECT Addresses.* FROM Addresses WHERE (((Addresses.Status)
="Active"));

filter: ([Status]=1)
And yes i am taking the active/expired field from another table.
Now how can i change my lookup to value list so i can try your
command?? I am new to access and trying very hard to built this. i am
going to include my database here for you.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=P5AAU40M

Thanks alot

I would guess that you defined member types as a lookup, but the data
type
> is a number.  If the lookup is to another table, simply include
that table
> in your Record Source query and display the name, not the number.
If your

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/q7folB/TM