> BTW, file system journal may be not enough for reliable maintenace of
> encrypting whole files.

AFAIK, while changed data are being written to filesystem, SQLite
Cypher (as a internal DB layer ) reencrypts only affected table page
not reincrypts whole file system (or a mounted large file) as NT5+ &
loopback approaches mean to do.
May be we need more statistic, but currently me'm very afraid of
encrypting file system - it looks like an archive with a single byte
corrupted & no data redundancy to recover resulting in full garbage.
It looks too risky.