On 26/11/2011, Martin Schreiber <mse00000@...> wrote:

> I mean Firebird with switched on highest level of page disk write
> syncing not Postgres.

Our company has done extensive testing with power failure related
issues and database servers. In the end we decided on using JFS as the
file system, and Firebird RDBMS 2.5 as the database server. These two
combined gave us a rock solid platform, and in all our testing we
never got a corrupted database. The only data lost was the data that
was currently being written and the power failed in mid transaction
(thus data was not committed yet).

--
Regards,
  - Graeme -