> You do not understand the purpose of tsqlquery.datasource?

I actually haven't done much GUI application programming in my life. I
never used data aware components before in delphi, so it is all new to me.
I always wanted to try them though.

My brain understands procedural programming more, when it comes to
databases..

DBConnect();
if error then writeln('problem here');
DBQuery();
DBClose();

But I understand that abstracting this into GUI components that you drop
onto a form saves time as long as you know how to use them (which, I
don't, but I'm learning).

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011