> Suggestion: On Windows copy the correct libmysql.dll to the directory of
> the MSEide exe and the directory of the test project to be sure that
> Windows loads the wanted library.

Did that before.. and I also put it into windows/system32.

In lazarus I got it working temporarily but it is not consistent.

I tried
mysql_options(conn.handle, MYSQL_OPT_RECONNECT, 'true');

And that seemed to help and get it working, however I am not sure, because
I deleted that line now, and it works at run time in laz. For a minute I
had it working in lazarus at design time in a dbgrid, now it only works at
run time in laz if I set it to active using a button. Intermittent/strange
behavior.

Learn Windows Azure Live!  Tuesday, Dec 13, 2011