On Wednesday 12 October 2016 14:12:53 mohamed hamza wrote:
> Hi martin,
>
>     I think it's  better to have an onStateRead and onStateWrite events
> like this  onStateRw(....;const lrw:boolean)
>
>    and then we can write if lrw then var := reader.readboolean(...) else
> writer.writeboolean( ....;var)
>
>     I would not order you something. I just want to know your point of
> view.

There is TStatFile.OnStatUpdate and TStatFiler.IsWriter.
I didn't want to recommend OnStatUpdate because TWidget.Enabled is a property
and can not be used in TStatFiler.UdateValue().
And OnStatRead and OnStatWrite have different parameters:
"
 statreadeventty = procedure(const sender: tobject;
                                  const reader: tstatreader) of object;
 statwriteeventty = procedure(const sender: tobject;
                                  const writer: tstatwriter) of object;
"
OnStatUpdate is:
"
 statupdateeventty = procedure(const sender: tobject;
                                  const filer: tstatfiler) of object;
"
In your example OnStatUpdate can be used as:
"
 filer.updatevalue('thename',thevariable);
"

>      nb: Sometimes  we have several instructions before readboolean or
> writeboolean.

I don't understand.