On Tuesday 18 October 2016 11:31:34 Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2016-10-18 08:33, Martin Schreiber wrote:

> I think I found another bug though. The OnShow fires multiple times.
> Initially when the form is created and displayed (which is correct), and
> every time I switch virtual desktops (I use JWM as my X11 window
> manager). The latter behaviour is wrong.
>
> As far as I know, the normal behaviour is to fire OnShow only once when
> the form is actually shown. The OnActivate fires multiple times in the
> lifespan of a form (when it receives focus after it lost focus).

The window manager hides the window if another desktop is showed. After
switching back it shows the window again which fires OnShow. The reason why
to fire OnShow every times the window will be showed is that OnShow can be
used to refresh complex datasources where updating is disabled while the
connected widgets are invisible.

> For the procedure list I only use OnCreate and OnShow events, but my
> writeln() statements show that OnShow fires multiple times.

MSEgui has the following form events which normally are fired only once:
OnCreate, OnCreated (which is called by afterconstruction()),OnLoaded and
OnEvenLoopStart.