On Friday 12 May 2017 03:44:30 Edson H wrote:

> In order to avoid confusion I would suggest to use some standard or
> recommendation on names, something like "All class names must be preceded
> by the letter C"

In MSEgui I use "T" as prefix for class types. All other custom types have no
prefix but "ty" postfix. There is also the {"P"} prefix for pointer
types. "T" could be replaced by "C" which looks more correct.

> Sometime I think all the names of identifiers must be clear indicative of
> their type and even of the scope. Something, like PHP do with variables,
> but it would be another language.

I strongly am against the hungarian notation and generally use prefixes with
caution. I think the start of a designator should contain the most important
part in order to speed up vertical or block source scanning. For variables
the most important part is the name IMO.

> I see MSELang like a new proposal for a modern language. I'm including some
> changes too, to the Pascal language in my compiler. There are people who
> thinks Pascal is perfect like it is, but I see, fortunately, you are not
> that kind of people, like I'm not.

Yup!

> I believe, I will be glad on using MSElang. I don't like you are using
> LLVM, but anyway you are doing a great work.

Why, what would be the alternatives?

MSElang produces an intermediate code representation
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mselang/blob/master/mselang/opglob.pas
which can be interpreted directly (mostly for testing purpose)
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mselang/blob/master/mselang/stackops.pas
or converted to LLVM bitcode
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mselang/blob/master/mselang/llvmops.pas
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mselang/blob/master/mselang/llvmbcwriter.pas

If you like to write your own optimizer and code generator you can use the
intermediate code. The quality of LLVM produced binaries is impressive, see
for example
https://gitlab.com/mseide-msegui/mselang/wikis/home/mselang_benchmarks

> Congratulations.

Thanks!