On Tuesday 08 August 2017 21:02:09 Fred van Stappen wrote:

> In your fft example:

I don't think I can explain the whole discrete-Fourier-transform (DFT) thing
because my English and my mathematical skills are limited, maybe read the
links I provided.

> A array is assigned to fftcomp:
> fftcomp.inpreal:= ar1;

The DFT transforms a series of complex values in time domain to a series of
complex values in frequency domain. The imaginary values of the input
normally are zero so "inpreal" accepts a series of real values.

> After this fftcomp.outreal produces a new array of float:
> frequdisp.traces[0].ydata:= fftcomp.outreal;

"outcomplex" returns the complex frequency values, "outreal" returns the
magnitude of the frequency values.

> Also fftcomp.windowfunc is defined.
> But what is the usage of windowfunc ?

The DFT "assumes" that the input sequence is repetitive -> if the input period
time is not exactly a multiple of the sample window there will be errors, see
attachment. A window function which weights samples in the middle of the
sequence more than at the ends can improve the situation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Window_function

> Here are the 3 and 4 that I am missing.
>
> What appends to the original ar1, what did the fftcomp to any of the data ?
> I suppose that windowfunc has to do with it, but I do not understand what
> he does.

The input data is untouched.

> On fft demo, on the right side, frequdisp, that uses
> frequdisp.traces[0].ydata, (the new fft array) what does it show ?

The right half of DFT frequency array is the mirror image with inverted
imaginary part of the left half so "outreal" only returns length(inpreal)/2 +
1 items. The first value is the DC-value, the last is the level of sampling
frequency / 2.

> Does fftcomp deals with channels (or must the array be split before)?

They must be split.

> By the way, one more time, I am ***very*** impressed.
>
> Other thing.
>
> I have found all the parts to make run my new toy: a RPi3B.
>
> Last nigth, installation offline of:
>
> 2017-06-21-raspbian-jessie.zip:
> --> micro-sd --> Rpi --> in one shot, out of the box.
>
> fpc-3.0.2.arm-linux-eabihf-raspberry.tar:
> --> install.sh --> in one shot, out of the box.
>
> mseide_arm_linux_eabihf_4_4_2.tar.gz:
> --> in one shot, out of the box.
> (Only a symlink must be added: libX11.so to libX11.so.6).

The libx11-devel package is needed.

> mseide-msegui-master-f41xxx.tar.gz:
> --> compile existing msegui projects --> ok --> run --> **OK**
>
> **WOW**

:-)
And nonetheless there is no interest in Rpi community for MSEide+MSEgui.

A cross compiling and remote debugging environment for RaspberryPi with MSEide
is here:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mseide-msegui/files/fpcrossarm/