On Sunday 11 March 2018 11:50:00 fredvs wrote:

> About  pcaudiolib with Alsa driver active....
>
> With a samplerate = 44100 and a buffer = 44100 samples, logically it will
> take 1 second to write the buffer in mono.
> And for 3 seconds, 3x write the buffer by the loop.
>
> It is what appends in my test using pcaudio with linux-pulseaudio or
> windows, for int16, int32 and float32.
>
> But for alsa, the sound is ok for each resolution but to have 3 seconds of
> sound, there must be +-20 loops!

Not "must" but "can".

> Also the number of loops does not give a linear duration, it seems random
> and different for each resolution...
>
> Did you note that too ?

Yes, I already wrote about it.
Pulseaudio has definable latency time (the latency time is not accessible in
pcaudiolib!), default is 100ms AFAIK.
When the latency time is filled by audio_object_write() the next
audio_object_write() will block until the previous data has been written.
On Windows waveOUT pcaudiolib driver there are 4 buffers in order to hold
audio_object_write() data. If all are used audio_object_write() blocks until
the oldest buffer has been played and becomes free.
In Alsa audio_object_write() blocks after a big buffer of many seconds (I saw
up to 30 seconds!) has been filled.