I believe Thomas is out of the office until the end of the week, so
any follow-up from TI would probably not be immediate.

Regarding conflict when TI supports both GCC and CCS, I understand
that ARM owns Keil but also is taking over as primary developer for
the ARM back-end of GCC to help improve its quality, so the situation
there is similar.

I don't have a problem with that.  There will always be corporations
that want the comfort of enhanced support, believe using GPL puts
their IP at risk, and have enough money to buy expensive toolchains
regardless of actual merit.  But that's a discussion that should be in
a different thread, as is a technical assessment of CCS.

Peter