On 10/26/2012 02:01 AM, Mitnacht, Thomas wrote:
> Hello GCC-enthusiasts!
[snip]

Hi everybody- I am the engineering project manager of the MSP430 effort
at Red Hat.  On behalf of Red Hat and TI we would like to thank the
community, especially Peter Bigot, for his hard work.  Additional thanks
to TI for recognizing the importance of MSPGCC and Free/Open Source
software in general.  At Red Hat, our team's principal goal is to make
MSP430 an officially supported architecture in gcc, gdb and their
associated support libraries.  Having ported and pushed dozens of new
architectures upstream, I can say with confidence that everybody wins
with upstream ports: New features will come to MSP430 with each new
release, bugs get looked at by FSF maintainers, and the community can
diversify its efforts beyond maintaining the compiler tools.  In the
coming weeks and months we will become increasingly active in public as
we make progress in the project.  Thank you!

--
Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / b...@redhat.com