I know it sounds simple, but have you logged on locally as the administrator
account and tried to delete it?

If you're using roaming profiles, I assume that this file is the views.dat
file from the user's roaming profile, which, again, I assume you have
somewhere on the user's home directory, or something like that.  You could
remove the registry entry for that user/users that references the views.dat
(HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\8.0\Outlook\Office Explorer)
and see if the file is moved down at next logon.  I would assume that once
you remove the registry entry that references the location of views.dat that
it would no longer attempt to load it.  But if this is a roaming profile you
are using, deleting and recreating the file at the source, the remote server
share, would be what you want to do, I would guess.

Or, you could, as a last resort, remove Outlook, delete the file, the
re-install Outlook.

There are also tools out there for deleting locked files.  One such tool can
be located at http://www.codeguru.com/files/ForceDel.shtml.

As always, back up before you try these things and these are just guesses on
my part.  I have no actual experience with this situation.  I'm just
brainstorming and hoping something in here helps you.  If I'm wrong on
anything here guys, please let me know.  (I'm sure everyone will ;) )

-Chris