Manuel Bilderbeek wrote:

> I have some cracked ROMs with 24kb blocks. Very quick to load, but the
> disadvantage: it's from &H8000-&HE000 (or somewhat higher for the code
> that has to LDIR the block in the right mapperpage) in memory, and the
> basic loader has to fit in too: result: CTRL needs to be pressed.
>
> I was wondering, can't someone make a nice ML-loader that stores the
> blocks in the lower 32k of RAM? (Using the same blocks, but, instead of
> a BASIC loader a ML loader, the RET of the block-LDIR-code will return
> to this ML loader then (or something)).
>
> Can anyone help me with this?
> (Cas? Maarten? Jerome?)

Do you mean "help" literally, or do you mean "who can do this for me"?

To answer your question, yes I can do it. But unless they are either
brilliant games that one wants to play every day or you have a very good
explanantion why you can't boot with CTRL, I think I can better spend my
time on other things.

By the way, I think there are two easier solutions than the one you
described:
1. make it load in 16K BLOAD blocks
2. make it load from 1 giant file using an ML loader

Bye,
                Maarten