On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Alex Wulms wrote:

> So, the MSX specifications got
> changed and from that moment on, it was not allowed anymore to read the
> mapper registers.

Do you mean it is not allowed to read them at all, or just not to see what
size the mapper has? I made some mapper management routines, that
determine how big the mapper is in a perfectly compatible way, also with
multiple differently sized mappers plugged in, but it also contains
routines that read the mapper, since I don't expect all programs to use my
routines (which make them much more compatible with old software than
DOS2...)

Bye,
shevek