At 06:22 24/05/99 +0200, you wrote:
>>Only one I can think of is in the cassette port, which is not available on
>>turbo R and it's 1-bit anyway.
>
>It it is so, then the MIC IN cartridge for ADC-less MSXs is a practical device.
>
>A 1-bit sampling routine really is not worth the hassle since the PSG has
>more resolution. In the 1st ZX Spectrum models (which didn't include a PSG)
>1-bit sampling was OK since it had a plain 1-bit driven built-in speaker.

        Have you ever tried to use READWAV, from Ricardo Bittencourt e
Walter Bernardo Gomes, from Brazil? So, take a look at
http://www.lsi.usp.br/~ricardo/msx.htm. It can play WAVs which size is up to
100 Kb, in a MSX 1. And it uses that 1-bit resolution from the keyboard click.

        ByE!

Ricardo Jurczyk Pinheiro - ICQ UIN:3635907 - [EMAIL PROTECTED]|_Sola  Scriptura |
http://i.am/rjp -M.Sc. Numerical Modelling (hope so!)  |_ Sola Gratia  |
UFF - Niteroi - RJ - Brazil  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    _|  Sola Fide  |
MSX, ST, B5, X-F, Anime, Christian, Maths, CuD, Linux!_|  Solo Cristi  |
Christian, Rock, Comics, Transformers, and hate M$!  | Soli Deo Gloria |