On Fri, 3 Sep 1999 09:51:25 +0200, MkII wrote:

>A 7MHz 68000 can barely handle a single layer without additional hardware.
>Are you 100% sure those games use exclusively the CPU as the multilayer engine?

  All good game consoles (SNES, Genesis, PSX, etc), AFAIK, runs all their
processors at the same time, in parallel... So, use an extremely advanced
VDP can inprove A LOT the game console, once the main "problem" on
a game console is exactly the video. I really think that Nintendo did not
used a central processor less powerfull than 68000, running at less speed
just to low the price...
  SNES was made AFTER Genesis, and if Nintendo done it as it is today,
I'm sure that in overall it's better than Genesis. And ALL games I've played
with versions to both, the SNES version is ALWAYS better...
  Remember, SNES comes to the market about 2 year later than Genesis.

 SEGA is known by releasing new and *expensive* technology, with a few
games. SEGA technology is always cutting-edge. But Nintendo has a
sucess history better than Sega. Why? They just get the SEGA Technology,
improve it slightly and improve it to low its cost, and do a lot of software
for it. When it is released to public, it is better than Sega console, cheaper
and has a lot of software. This is the Nintendo strategy. (-:

     []'s Daniel Caetano ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

...Windows Error: 005 - Multitasking attempted.  System confused.
OS/2 Sites:     http://www.os2brasil.com.br/novidades/
                http://www.os2brasil.com.br/novidades/drivers.shtml
                http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/8752/os2hp/index.html
MSX Sites:      http://www.fudeba.cjb.net/ e http://www.msxnews.cjb.net/