> and delete them... (-: If you want a more "professional" way, look for the
> last
> two positions, copy its contents to the first position and delete the last
> two.
> This would work well on non-sorted directiories...

Ok, but I DO have a sorted dir, so:

> So, you can "rotate
> left"
> 16 characters all contents, instead of copy the last two positions to the
> first
> two.

This is brilliant! I should shift the VRAM contents 16 bytes (actually more, since
there's also some characters between 2 filenames (actually dirnames)) to the left...
But then again: it is probably going wrong because of things like WIDTH... Or isn't
it? (And I'd need some kind of COPY routine for screen 0 in VRAM...)

By the way: the width is NOT 80. The program first pokes a width 78 (or so), then
executes the FILES command, then pokes the width to 80 again and then it 'draws' (with
those line-characters) a rectangular around the files. At least, that's how I remember
it.

Grtjs, Manuel ((m)ICQ UIN 41947405)

PS: MSX 4 EVER! (Questions? See: http://www.faq.msxnet.org/)
PPS: Visit my homepage at http://www.sci.kun.nl/marie/home/manuelbi/