You do need a diving suit, keep looking its there somewhere.

Did you already go to the top of the castle where there is
a room filled with some powerfull and very large skeletons ?

Just do what I do, my default algorithm is most of the time
something like: always follow the wall on the right. While still
realizing that you are not walking in circles.

Frits