On Thu, 13 Jul 2000, Šiogo Sperb Schneider wrote:

(Please excuse me for the offtopic)

> > management, scheduling, etc. It would be a
> > completely different kernel,
> > so it wouldn't be Linux.
>
>  Linux is not just a kernel. To be sincere, the kernel
> is the least important part of the OS. It just makes

Oh, so now the kernel is the least important part of the OS? Cool. Then
let's stop development of the kernel and focus on what's really
important! If you don't know what you're talking about, please don't say
anything.

> the communication between software and hardware. What
> makes Linux so special are the GNU tools made for it

So, I can get my FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT kernel, install a bunch of GNU tools
in my laptop, and I'll have a Linux machine, right? Please, stop talking
bullshit.

> (actually for their own flavor of free UNIX clone).

GNU/Hurd, which is in a VERY early state of development. And no, even with
all these GNU tools, it will NOT be Linux.

For the rest of readers of the list: please excuse me for the tone of the
message. I just can't stand UNIX newbies pretending to be haxx0rs just
because they've heard about Linux.

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.aamsx.org