On Thu, 20 Jul 2000 21:57:14 +0200, Laurens Holst wrote:

>It's really stupid, the music garbling up.
>I mean, the clock speed is EXACTLY twice the speed of a 3.57MHz. The only
>reason for this (and not using i.e. 8MHz) I can think of is to sync I/O at
>3.5MHz.

  Only FM (YM2413) is affected by "garbage sound" on 7Mhz, because it cannot
cope with the "flood" of information sent to it by the program... if you
use the interruption to control the timing to send FM data, the problem
will disapear (just like happens on MicroCabin games, Valis 2, etc).

   -----     AbraçOS/2, Daniel Caetano ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
 /| | | |\
 \| ___ |/   OS/2 Sites:  http://www.quasarbbs.com/daniel/
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/8752/os2hp/os2index.html
    | |      MSX Sites:   http://www.fudeba.cjb.net/
   -- --     Drawings:    http://www.djgallery.tsx.org/
...Programar e' a arte de organizar zeros e uns de forma que eles produzam trabalho
util!

****
Problems? contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] See also http://www.faq.msxnet.org/