> *SNIP discussion about PPP, sLIP and PAP*
>
> I like to add that a lot of (Belgium) ISP are using CHAP, or even worse
> MS-CHAP (Again one of the changed standards I was talking about in a
> previous mail)

Oh, never heard of it.
Anyways, my ISP also requests the use of CHAP by default, but if you deny
the CHAP protocol you can suggest the PAP protocol (which they by the way
also suggest by themselves after a Authentication Protocol Reject).

Just don't send a Auth Protocol Request option with PAP in your
Configure_Request packets (in fact don't send any kind of Auth Protocol
Request packets) and all will work fine.

> Oh ,and technically it is verry posible to use a normal
> username/password sequence before forcing the line into a PPP-state.

True. But implementation is (at least in Assembly) too complex to be worth
the effort (searching for the "Username:"-string, and a good implementation
also requires the handling of scripts since the authentication is not
standarized).

 email me: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or ICQ: 10196372
      visit my homepage at http://grauw.blehq.org/

****
Problems? contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] See also http://www.faq.msxnet.org/