>From: "Brendan Cross" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Cartridge question
>Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 22:12:22 -0400
>
>Please excuse this possibly-stupid question; I'm new to MSX. ^.^;; Is it
>possible to boot from MSX-Basic or MSX-DOS 1 to cartridge, if the cartridge
>is interted after the boot/has a switch and is switched on after boot?
Well you don´t tell me clear enough what you have in mind?

If a cartridge is inserted it will default to the cartridge = start up the
software in the cartridge.
The only way to get out is usually to turn off the msx.
If you want to dump a cartridge and thus want to go to basic / dos while the
cartridge is inserted you have to hot plug it when the msx is turned on. It
can be done by inserting the cartridge in one fast push, but It can cause
permanent damage though to your msx computer.

Then, yes it is possible to work around the ROM form BASIC or DOS.

Greetings from Bjørn

How to contact me? http://www.geocities.com/msxtrd/data.html
To access my MSX homepage: http://www.trd.msxnet.org

ICQ: 20449307