On Tuesday 08 May 2001 10:17, you wrote:
> and that the first versions of a product are crap is
> pretty
> normal, especially when it has to be as cheap as possible. Cause there is
> no time,
> no money and not enuf people to test it....

I don't like your mentality where it is OK to be crap for a first version. I
believe the 'modern' consumption society is getting to you.
For the full story about the IDE ask Jon. I believe it had something to do
with the fact that Gilvad only tested it on TurboR machines...

> But even then, the first
> versions
> of pc-hardware are crap and unstable even after they've spent millions on
> testing.

Are you refering to crappy drivers or crappy HW. Most of the time the HW is
pretty good but the drivers are sort of lacking all needed functionality

David

--

This mail was predicted by the Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter.
[Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman, "Good Omens"]