>From: "Laurens Holst" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: Henrik Gilvad
>Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 02:34:59 +0200
>
> > Is Henrik Gilvad still active with MSX?
> >
> > He has done so much quality work for MSX and could give us a lot of
>help.
>
>no way, he's as inactive as it can be. since about 1996 or something like
>that... by the way, his work wasn't that much quality after all.

Well, I can´t agree on that!

He was a strong force behind keeping the Danish MSX club alive for long time
here in Denmark.
He had made many smaller projects maybe not known so much as, upgrading
SVI-738 to MSX2, MSX2+, FM-PAC, reprogramming keybard layouts, patching ROMs
to work without CLOCK-IC, reprogramming SVI- disk rom to support 720KB,
upgrading normal 360KB drives to 720KB ROM, buildin RGB into svi-738, or
other MSX computers without one, 6 MHz board, making 1MB boards......

>moonsound and gfx9000 were from his hand and were quite nice, the first

Yep, that was one of the hihlights :-)

>ide-interfaces were terrible. only after jon modified the design they
>became

I can agree on the fact that the first version was crappy and had bugs, but
did someone develop a perfectly working model before? No!
So, developing a new interface implies some debugging etc...

The Gouda interface or NOVAXIS is mainly a RIP off Henriks interface with
reprogrammed ROM.

He was due to begin developing the Z380 board but choosed not to do so after
he had a talk about his projects with Egor V. who then suddenly decided to
develop his own version of it.... He choosed then not to develeop it after
this brief conversation. Egor screwed it up and the result is the interface
came out way too soon from Padial..

In my opinion Henrik did contribute a lot to MSX scene in past and I´m
grateful to him for all the help I got.

>useful. anyways there are still enough hardware people in the msx scene,
>hans
>oranje, koen van hartingsvelt, ademir carchano, leonardo padial, bas
>kornalijnslijper, and jon de schrijder also knows some hardware stuff...
>and
>there are in fact a lot more which just aren't as 'well known'. for example
>got some information on a super-duper secret project by msx club marienburg
>at
>the fair in tilburg, and the creator of the project was quite unknoen.

Bjørn, DK