] My idea is to:
] 1. switch to R800 ROM mode
] 2. copy the DOS2 system area to the upper 2 segments
] 3. execute some stuff, using the 'freed' 64kB.
] 4. copy the DOS2 system area back to the original position
] 5. switch to R800 DRAM mode
] Ofcourse the interrupts are switched off during steps 2-4.
There is already a utility which does this. I think this was discussed in the
mailinglist a few weeks ago.

]
] I'm assuming switching to R800 DRAM mode will cause the ROM to be copied to
] DRAM again?
Wrong assumption. You must copy the ROMs back explicitly (while still in ROM
mode).

]
] I'm not 100% sure this would work, but it sounds like a good idea. What do
] you guys think?
Nice idea. Though, why do you want to re-invent the weel while it already
exists?

Kind regards,
Alex Wulms

--
Visit The MSX Plaza (http://www.inter.nl.net/users/A.P.Wulms) for info on
XelaSoft, Merlasoft, Quadrivium, SD-Snatcher on fMSX, the MSX Hardware list,