] >Please note that you can also advise your ST users to boot the ST in DOS1
] >mode. That will also free the 32kB of RAM used by DOS2 itself.
]
] True, but I'd have to rewrite all the file functions for DOS1 and wouldn't
] be able to support subdirectories anymore :(
] I hate DOS1 file functions...
I have a small library with the most important file-functions that runs on
top of DOS1 and DOS2. If DOS2 is present, it will use the underlying DOS2
functions and if DOS2 is not present it will use the old fashioned DOS1
functions.

The functions in the library are in DOS2 style.

Though, you can only keep 1 file open at the same time. So, it is something
like 'open file, read from file, close file'.

If you want, I can send this library to your private email adress.

Kind regards,
Alex Wulms

--
Visit The MSX Plaza (http://www.inter.nl.net/users/A.P.Wulms) for info on
XelaSoft, Merlasoft, Quadrivium, SD-Snatcher on fMSX, the MSX Hardware list,