] ... - I just heard SME3 player running on my
] NMS8245 with a hacked-up PC disk drive and it's absolutely wonderful!
Thanks :-)

] This leads me to yet another slightly lame question - the player seems to
] support just about every sound standard possible (except OPM ;) ) and even
] has support for four SCCs and two MSX-AUDIOs. Now I understand how the
] SCCs work - they map into memory space so that's simply using the slot
] system. However, the MSX-AUDIO chip maps into I/O space (C0 and C1) which
] is global, so how does the program support more than one of them? Surely
] if I plug MSX-AUDIOs into both slots they will conflict with each other?
According to the MSX2 standard, you can have two (optional) MSX Audio's. One
on C0/C1. The other on C2/C3. SME3 makes use of this optional feature.

In one of the other mails, you can find a reference to a (dutch) text
describing how to modify a Philips MSX Music module to listen to port C2/C3
in stead of C0/C1. The modification exists of installing a switch to switch
between the two address ranges. Though, it also switches the I/O address of
the MIDI ports in the music module.

Kind regards,
Alex Wulms

--
Visit The MSX Plaza (http://www.inter.nl.net/users/A.P.Wulms) for info on
XelaSoft, Merlasoft, Quadrivium, SD-Snatcher on fMSX, the MSX Hardware list,