Hi Alexey!

On 30.08.2016 13:06, Alexpux wrote:
>> 30 авг. 2016 г., в 11:16, Mario Emmenlauer <ma...@emmenlauer.de> написал(а):
>>
>> I was wondering if people would like to have a "stable" repository?
>>
>> I was thinking that when a plateau is reached (majority of packages
>> compiles fine), the current snapshot could be copied to stable. In my
>> eyes, the essential requirement would be that all base packages compile
>> fine. Everything else could be handled a bit ad-hoc.
>

> Hi, Mario!
> If someone want to support «stable» repo - we can talk about it.
> There are some problem from my POV to support this.
> 1. Who will decide that package is stable?
> 2. You can’t just copy builded package from current repository and place it
> 3. Who will maintain all of this work? I will not do any work with this sorry
> because my time is limited and now I have many other priorities than MSYS2.

I can maybe do parts of this work. My company has a bit of free
resources. But you must help me understand what am I up against?
What is your current build system? Is it Windows-based? How many
resources does it need? What is the size of the package repository?
How much traffic do you currently have?

I have one idle build server (4 Core Xeon with 16GB Ram) that can
host a build system. I guess "stable" does not change hourly, so
maybe one machine is sufficient? My company webserver has 0.5TB of
free disk, and 100MBit internet link in a good IT centre in Europe.
I could host some packages, and maybe even your dokuwiki(?)

Who decides what is stable? From my eyes, the most important would
be that all packages in "stable" actually compile against each other :-)
Currently in trunk there are many packages that do not compile with
the gcc from trunk. That makes it harder for people to get started :-)

But that's just my thinking, what do other say?

Cheers,

    Mario