Hi,

[msysGit Cc'ed, since it is massively concerned by this thread]

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, Robin Rosenberg wrote:

> måndagen den 7 januari 2008 skrev du:
> > Problem.  There is not a single "right".  It really depends on the
> > project.
>
> Indeed, but the most common SCM's detect binary files automatically,
> either by suffix or content analysis, so I think that is what user's
> expect. It will be right for more projects that the current behaviour.

Steffen also fought for turning this on by default, but so far I resisted.
For a good reason: the primary user of msysGit for the moment is...
msysGit.  And this project does not need CR for obvious reasons.

But I imagine that it makes sense for the Git installers.  Colour me
no-longer-resisting.

Ciao,
Dscho