On 2/22/06, Andy Armstrong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 21 Feb 2006, at 23:55, Paul Baker wrote:
> > sounds good, but it's a different rim so the lengths
> > may be different. I also want to avoid unmitigated
> > disaster!
>
> Well you can check the spoke length with one of the online spoke
> calculators. Google for spocalc.xls for example. And it's not likely
> to be much of a disaster - in fact it's an ideal introduction to
> wheelbuilding :)

Er yes wheelbuilding is amazingly easy I was totally gobsmacked by how
easy it was th efirst wheel I built I built twice becuase I was
convinced there was more to it than that.

Oh and you get to put a proper amount of tension into your spokes and
stress relieve the wheels as much as you like.

I like Gerd Schraners book it seems in my head a bit more logical in
terms of actual building process than Jobst Brand't process although
Brandt has some interesting mechanical properties charts.

Schraner is cool because he's obviously widly eccentric, anyone up for

"better rolling spokes than rolling joints" T shirts ;0)
>
> --
> Andy Armstrong, hexten.net
>
> _______________________________________________
> mtbne-l mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://www.hexten.net/mailman/listinfo/mtbne-l
>
_______________________________________________
mtbne-l mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.hexten.net/mailman/listinfo/mtbne-l

Reply via email to