Hi -

I don't mean any disrespect by asking this - but is Esperanto really that
much in use?  I remember hearing about it decades ago, but then nothing
since.

If one of you would be willing to share with me the prevalence of it - I
would be grateful!

Thanks in advance.

Susan

On Jan 27, 2008 2:44 PM, Dave Rutan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>   Amalia,
>
> While there are a few on this group who can answer more authoritatively,
> I want to give you an answer in a timely manner. I speak Esperanto as
> my second language and while my daughter has not even expressed even
> luke warm interest in learning it, (she's taking Spanish in her grammar
> school,) I do know of a great resource for kids and Esperanto.
>
> The owner of this group:
>
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EsperantoForKids/
>
> has Esperanto and kids as a mission. The group files and links section
> has many resources for Esperanto and kids. Aside from that, there are a
> number of kid oriented Esperanto books and readers. A notable mention
> would be an Esperanto version of Winnie the Poo.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Dave Rutan
>
> [email protected]<multilingualmunchkin%40yahoogroups.com>wrote:
> > 1a. Esperanto
> > Posted by: "esperanzanueva1" [EMAIL 
> > PROTECTED]<esperanzanueva1%40yahoo.com>esperanzanueva1
> > Date: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:05 pm ((PST))
> >
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was just wondering if anyone on the group speaks Esperanto as their
> > second or third language? If so what resources do you use with your
> > children, i.e story books, videos, etc?
> >
> > Amalia DeCruz
>
> --
> Esprimoj - Expressions Esperantic
> Esperantaj Cxemizoj - Esperanto Shirts
> http://www.cafepress.com/esprimoj
>
>  
>

Reply via email to