That’s a great question (and one that I was going to ask!)

 

My husband and I use OPOL French/English with our daughter and I’d like to
add Spanish too, as so many people speak it here (NY). Is it better to wait
until she is already speaking French and English before adding Spanish or
should we start straight away? I know that a child can easily handle
learning several languages at once, but as neither my husband nor I speak
Spanish we’d have to take our daughter to classes and the more languages she
hears, the less input she’ll get in each.

 

Is anyone else trying to teach their children a language that they do not
speak?

 

Lily

 

 <http://www.lilylovesdancing.com/> www.LilyLovesDancing.com

"The waltz is a dance of quite too loose a character, and unmarried ladies
should refrain from it...very young married ladies may be allowed to waltz
if it is very seldom..." 
The Gentleman and Lady's Book of Politeness, 1833.

 

www.MyInnerVision.com

A Certified Life Coach helps you make the most of yourself & reach your full
potential. Call (718) 997 0459.

 

From: [email protected]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Amalia DeCruz
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 6:35 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [munchkins] Re: Esperanto Resources for Kids

 

Hi,

 

I just wanted to say thanks to all who replied to my post. I had no idea
that there was a Winnie the Pooh in Esperanto, I´ll have to look for that.

 

Also for the links to the websites about Esperanto, thank you, some of them
were new to me and I found them quite interesting.

 

Now, for another question. :) 

 

My husband speaks Spanish, and I speak Spanish, English, and some Esperanto.
We were going to use OPOL with our son, my husband speaking Spanish, and I
English. If we were to add Esperanto, what do you recomend for going about
that? Are there other methods better than OPOL for parents who wish to add
3rd or 4th languages? I´m sorry, I´m sure this is a qustion that has been
asked before on this group, and I´m sorry if I missed the answers. Just
wondering how those of you trilinguals go about teaching your children the
third language without there being confusion for the child. 

 

Amalia

  

 

Reply via email to