I agree as well. Why should it have to be a sine wave? Hertz didn't invent the
sine wave! A square wave has 'frequency' just as much as a sine does, and
presumably 'frequency' was the point of the googledoodle. Put the odd harmonics
in and get a circular waveform, it's fine by me.

The amplitude and frequency modulation is a bit weird though!

T.