On 25/02/2012 09:40, Andy Farnell wrote:
..
On the subject of creating worlds, I've missed this conversation entirely
because of a courageous attempt to degooglify my life

great word! I wonder though if it should be more like "degooglise", as you are changing or reducing state, rather than actively making something, which is what the 'ify' suffix would suggest. Such questions are of great importance, as once enshrined in the OED words are frozen for all time.

And the harsh truth is that no competing search engine will succeeed unless its name works well as a verb.

I heard only the other day on a news bulletin the reference to James Dyson as someone who had "invented a new hoover".

Richard Dobson