When the lovely people at MIT added some extra cool graphics to my book cover
I was initially dismayed to see the usual "funky oscilloscope trace" with a
blue tint, looking like an electric spark. But everyone I showed it to, my
friends and family all thought it was amazing and futuristic! So I quickly
got over my pedantry and embraced a new found ability to create signals that
go backwards in time as well as forwards. Graphic designers create their
worlds, we create ours.

On the subject of creating worlds, I've missed this conversation entirely
because of a courageous attempt to degooglify my life and get out of the
scrutinised bubble. Since switching to the Duck search engine I discovered
a whole internet out there. Maybe takes longer to find exact thing, but if
you're that desperate to save half a second here and there your life is in
trouble anyway, and the plus side is rediscovering the colourful, trashy
landscape not interpreted through an individual bourgeois materialist lens.
Turns out DSP stands for many different things, so by making more focussed
searches and pausing for a moment to think instead of lean on the mental
crutch, things actually work out better. On the weird side, LaTeX is more
than a document processor. There's even a perfume called Philosophy.