Sent: Monday, October 21, 2013 3:56 PM
To: A discussion list for music-related DSP
Subject: Re: [music-dsp] PSOLA pitch shifting - resample or not?

Hi again Xue,

Robert Bielik skrev 2013-10-19 16:14:
No. The formant is preserved just by NOT resampling the original signal. The pitch of the signal is only dependent on the periodicity of each wave "granule", which is pretty much a windowed snapshot of the original signal with length 2*N where N is the original periodicity.

Further to the point, the windowed granule size should be 2*min(N,M) where N is original periodicity and M is target periodicity.

Regards,
/Rob